How to Configure a PayPal Commerce Platform account?
Dominate Checkout integrates the newest payment platform from PayPal named PayPal Commerce Platform that comes with an Onboarding process that will facilitate the migration of your existing PayPal account. If you have not yet a PayPal account, you will be able to create it using the same steps noted below:
- Access your Dominate Checkout account.
- Go to Dominate Checkout -> Configurations -> Payment Methods -> PayPal
- Click the Enable Live/Sandbox PayPal button, and a pop-up window will display with the Onboarding process.Note: When using PayPal Sandbox, you will be required to log in using your Sandbox PayPal user. If you don't have one, please create it at https://sandbox.paypal.com.
- Follow the steps shown on the PayPal On-boarding process page.
- Follow the steps shown below to make it mandatory for your customers to provide their phone number with checkout (Only for PayPal Business Accounts).
- Access to your PayPal account.
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
- Click Website payments under "Products & Services" on the left of the page.
- Click Update next to "Website preferences."
- Select On (required field) under "Contact telephone" in the "Contact telephone number" section.
- Once you have completed the Onboarding process, we will gather your Merchant ID automatically and configure your account to use the selected PayPal Account.
- Click the Save button.
- Once you've configured your PayPal account, Dominate Checkout will enable the PayPal payment section, where you will be able to switch between Sandbox and Live environment and change the look & feel of the PayPal Smart buttons at any time. The Payment Action controls will allow you to select between three different Authorization and Capture methods.
- Only Authorize
- Authorize and Capture
- Immediate Capture